Top 6 Reasons Your Business Plan Is Unclear & Unproductive
Why do some people seem to get what they want out of life while others do not? There are several common reasons why your life isn’t everything you want it to be. We have compiled a list of reasons that your life and your business plan may be faultering. If you understand these common mistakes, you can increase the likelihood of getting what you want. You already know that your successful friends aren’t any more talented than you are!
Get what you want by avoiding the most common pitfalls:
- You don’t know what you want. Just because you’re unhappy with your current situation doesn’t mean that you know what you want. It only means that you don’t want what you have.
- Solution: Decide. It’s that simple.When making a business plan, you have to keep your goal clear. Make a list of what you want and structure your life around creating that life and attaining the well-defined goals of your plan.
- You don’t make the things you want a priority. Do you really want a million dollars or the body of a swimsuit model? Or would you rather watch Seinfeld reruns and eat Cheetos at night?
- Solution: The real issue isn’t what you want, but what you’re willing to give up. Getting in shape requires giving up certain foods and giving up some free time to hit the gym consistently. Developing your success in business will probably require you to give up some weekends and nights out. How much are you willing to give up to get what you want? Answer that question and you’ll know how much it means to you.
- You aren’t focused. It’s never been easier to get distracted or forgetful than it is right now. Modern life is full of digital distractions. Our ability to focus has never been lower.
- Solution: Remind yourself of your goals at least twice each day. Read and visualize your personal and business goals while you lie in bed, once in the morning and once at night. Keep your intentions fresh in your mind by reminding yourself of them daily.
Once Your Business Plan Is Clearly Defined, You Need to Be Dedicated
- You aren’t prepared for the grind. Even the most prestigious accomplishments are a grind 99% of the time. Consider a professional basketball player like Kobe Bryant. There are plenty of stories of Kobe staying after a Friday night game and working with a coach all night long until practice time on Saturday morning.
- Solution: The most impressive accomplishments require mundane, boring tasks repeated over long periods of time. Regardless of the size of your aspirations, it won’t be exciting 99% of the time. Throwing a touchdown like Tom Brady is fun. Watching thousands of hours of tape all year long is not. Accept that much of your business plan probably requires actions that won’t be fun or exciting.
- You’re not focused on processes. Obsessing over your weight isn’t the key to getting slimmer. The key is the adoption of habits that will automatically carry you to your goal.
- Solution: Create a list of habits that guarantee success. Now your only real challenge is to incorporate those habits into your life. Integrate your business plan with your life plan. Start small and continue to make progressive changes.
- You’re impatient. Success at anything takes time. Depending on your objective, you might find that your sixth month provides more results than the first five months. Starting a business is not an easy task. It’s not unlike trying to roll a boulder down a hill. It can take a lot of energy to get it moving, but it quickly picks up speed with minimal effort after that.
- Solution: Rely on your logic, rather than your emotions. If you’re doing effective things each day, you’ll get what you want. Avoid giving in to your frustration. Be patient.
Life is frustrating and challenging. Starting a business brings the challenge to an even higher level. It can be especially frustrating when nothing seems to go your way. Know what you want and have a logical business plan to achieve it. Have the patience to wait for the results to arrive. Prioritize and expect that the path will be monotonous most of the time. You can do it.
Very best wishes for your every success,
P.S. I share an exclusive email newsletter as well as e-learning courses and cutting edge virtual training programs to help virtual entrepreneurs and dedicated team leaders with finding or expanding your niche within the limitless possibilities of your ever growing fields.. Sign up now and get this no cost, Audio Course, Commit to Excellence in Your Business or Job!