Qualities of an Effective Leader | About Successful Leadership
It is important to remember that successful leadership is not limited to position, experience, training, title or authority. Research has shown leadership qualities may be inherent and also effective leaders have skills and qualities that anyone can adopt and through practice and can incorporate into becoming a successful leader. Effective leadership can be achieved through a process of self analysis, training and then experience.
Personal mentoring with Brenda Chaddock, founder of the Odyssey Leadership Centre, can guide you through discovery of how your unique gifts and contributions can shape your own leadership style. If you are on the cusp of becoming a leader, you may find yourself trying to define your own personal brand of leadership. This often raises certain questions.
Who in my organization is a leader?
What requirements make them a leader?
Are leadership qualities inherent or must I develop them?
What are the primary skills I need to grasp to be an effective leader?
No matter what type of organization or industry you’re in, it’s possible to become a more effective leader, inspiring your people to give their very best every day of the week. — Peter Economy, The Leadership Guy
Successful Leadership Takes Effective Development of Supervisory & Engagement Skills
So, once your personal vision is defined, how does that translate into becoming a successful and and effective leader?
There are 5 key areas Brenda and the Odyssey Leadership Centre can work on with you:
- Unique Vision: A leader cannot exist without a vision. Vision means a clear view of goals and targets the leader wants the team to achieve.
- Strengths and Weaknesses Awareness: An effective leader is one who has clear knowledge of both personal and team capabilities. Successful leaders know how to overcome weaknesses while leveraging strengths of the team in order to obtain consistent quality of work.
- High Performance Targets: An effective leader sets high targets for their team and then strives to reach these targets. Growth of the team and the leader is the end goal.
- Selection of the Right Man For the Job: A leader should be able to differentiate between those who are capable of a certain task and those who are suited for another. The success of the team is reliant on the performance of each individual team members. Those properly trained and able to do the work will be the most effective to the team.
- Commitment Bound: An effective leader is committed equally to both the results of the team and the team members. A leader shows his / her commitment by always fulfilling promises, keeping a positive mentality within the team, striving for perfection, and taking care for the welfare of his / her group members.
Very best wishes for your every success,
P. S. Would you like to become an effective leader through skilled facilitation, the Odyssey Leadership Centre is offering an audio course includes 5 audio recordings, 5 articles on Excellence and a Full Report to accompany your audio course. No Cost.