21st Century Business Women: Entrepreneur Women
Forget what your mama or your boss told you, because following the rules can be bad for your career. Today’s CEO/entrepreneur can no longer tap his/her company’s full potential using a “command-and-control” style. 21st century business women need to be entrepreneur women who are able to build a vision based on the awareness of economic transformation, then help her partners and staff fulfill that vision. She must draw on a wide range of skills to get to the top and stay there.
When the first generation of women entered the workforce in earnest in the 1970s, they succeeded in the only way they could – by imitating men. Authoritarian leadership and tight control was the hallmark of that day’s businessman, and women were not exactly welcomed into the ranks of management. Well ladies, that was yesterday, and today is today!
Seven Key Characteristics Essential to Successful Entrepreneur Women
- Sell the Vision: A leader with a fresh, independent plan for her company’s growth and future has a distinct advantage in luring and keeping great talent and investors. Vision is not some lofty ideal, but an obtainable concept that is easy to understand and will make the company grow to another level. The clearer your vision is, the easier it will be for others to connect with your ideas.
- Reinvent the Rules: While women have traditionally been socialized to please others, the 21st century leader knows that good girls rarely post great returns. This is a great time for entrepreneurial women to succeed. The strong managers/owners today not only anticipate change, they create entirely new organizations that respond to shifts and search for innovation.
- Achieve With A Laser Focus: Go where others fear to tread! Being aggressive and ambitious has long been considered male traits, but they are key qualities for new leaders. Today’s business woman has the ability to hone in on opportunities that others may simply not see, and then excel in that uncharted territory. This is what being an entrepreneurial woman is all about.
- Use High-Touch in a High-Tech Era: When a number of leaders are conducting business by e-mail, voice mail, passwords, and PINs, the female entrepreneur succeeds because she guides with a strong, personal, bedside manner. Today’s business woman is just as technologically savvy as her peers,and her skill with staff and customers is “high-touch” which gives her a critical edge and separation from the “pack”. In an online environment, it is easy to get disconnected from your peers and subordinates. Put focus and attention on that personal touch that women are oh so gifted at.
- Challenge or Opportunity? Entrepreneur women are great at turning a challenge into an opportunity instead of using the “slash-and-burn” approach. They are able to make bold strokes, and they also win the cooperation of others in the organization in making any transformation a success.
- A Customer Preference Obsession: In this information age which makes it easier to shop around for the best “whatever”, businesses must work harder to give people what they want before their competitors do. There is no substitute for spending time with clients to become expert at their businesses and learn their demands. Female leaders and entrepreneurs are almost intuitively adept in doing just that, and without the client even suspecting.
- Courage Under Fire: Show me any career woman or female entrepreneur today that isn’t able to “stand-the-heat” in any tough-call situation. Their decision-making skills are rooted in a high level of confidence, because they’ve had to weather and surpass any and all “corporate” storms they’ve encountered over time.
The Entrepreneur Women Are the Future
It takes a certain mind-set and bravado for anyone to start their own business and succeed, but it’s even more difficult for a female entrepreneur. Let’s face it, ladies! We’ve always had to be twice-as-smart and twice-as-confident as any male counterpart in the corporate world. The world is changing. This is the time for the entrepreneur women to emerge and excel in the eyes of the world. After all, if we can bear and raise the future generation, how can running a successful business scare us?
Very best wishes for your every success,
P.S. I share an exclusive email newsletter as well as e-learning courses and cutting edge virtual training programs to help virtual entrepreneurs and dedicated team leaders with finding or expanding your niche within the limitless possibilities of your ever growing fields.. Sign up now and get this no cost, Audio Course, Commit to Excellence in Your Business or Job!